This is an applied, broad-based Masters in Finance programme which provides students with knowledge and skills to work in finance.
The teaching draws on both the internationally recognised research and extensive real world practical experience of Loughborough faculty.
You will gain an understanding of both corporate finance and investments subjects. This covers investment topics such as asset pricing and portfolio selection, as well as corporate finance topics such as cost of capital and dividend policy.
This programme is best suited to candidates who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of the whole field of finance before choosing their preferred area of specialisation.
Minimum upper second class honours degree (2:1) from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University in one of the following:
- Business, Accounting or a related subject
- A Quantitative subject (such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computing or Economics)
- A minor or major in Finance Good (2:1) grades in quantitative modules are required regardless of degree background.
Applications will also be considered from those who do not meet the previous criteria but who can demonstrate numerical proficiency and have either: i) an appropriate professional qualification in Finance or ii) more than one year of relevant work experience if they have at least a lower second class honours degree (2:2)
English language requirement for international students
- IELTS: overall 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each component
The School will accept lower IELTS scores if you undertake the University's pre-sessional English course.
- 5-week course: IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 5.5 in each component
- 10-week course: IELTS score of 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each component
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 30, 2015