The master’s in fashion photography is designed to convey a wealth of advanced knowledge, while developing a wide range of skills within fashion styling and photography. Through the use of existing and emerging technologies on the contemporary scene, students learn to conduct research independently, guided by a high level of awareness of their abilities. The course is intended to fulfill the changing needs of international fashion and luxury.
To become a fashion photographer is to embark on a successful career in one of the many Italian publishing and advertising companies. These professionals work both in the studio or on location for the production of photographs that illustrate and advertise fashion garments, accessories and lifestyle. Their work is a reflection of influences arising from the cinema, from fine art and semiotics, with an eye for brand image. The strength of any advertising campaign is literally in the hands of the fashion photographer.
The fashion photographer is a professional figure that can express his or her own talent in an agency, or as an independent freelancer. The two macro areas of application are fashion and advertising: from outdoor photographing, to still-life or photo reporting. This professional figure can also work at special events, in graphic design and in page-layout for editorial. Special technical abilities are also necessary where the professional chooses to become involved in the field of digital media.
- analyse and describe fashion photographs and their cultural context;
- manage materials, techniques and processes associated with photography;
- manage a photographic environment and choice of location;
- understand key concepts and theories in the discipline; develop individual critical thinking
- predict the development of the discipline;
- recognise themselves as photographers in fashion, also able to work in the context of art and design relative to their fields;
- give an individual interpretation of art and design through observation, analyses, reflection and development of a concept;
- apply methods of work and thought, encompassing the research, production and reflection in a framework of aesthetic, artistic, social and ethical issues, within a culture of change;
- history of fashion photography
- theory and techniques of photography
- sociology and the image in fashion
- photographic study 1
- photographic study 2
- research methods
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016