The Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA) provides current and potential executives with the knowledge and skills needed for effective management and decision-making in a competitive, global economy.
The EMBA is designed to provide students with a balance of theoretical concepts and practical approaches to business problems, along with analytical skills, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Emphasis is placed on developing the leadership and team-building abilities needed to manage change and make sound decisions within the framework of a strategic plan.
The EMBA program is characterized by students progressing through the program in a cohort group, and by team-based learning, faculty-student interaction, and current and relevant curriculum. Student learning is enhanced by sharing the management experience of classmates who have achieved mid-level to senior-level management positions in business enterprises.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Evaluation of new strategies, evaluation of entry and exit strategies.
- Evaluation of acquisition, joint ventures, and growth.
- Describe the ethical and legal responsibilities in organizations and society.
- Evaluate organizational structure and culture as supportive of organization direction and strategy.
- Specify the human resource issues associated with the production of a product or service.
- Explain the use of accounting and financial resources to achieve the firm objectives.
- Utilize current methodologies, systems, and technology to plan, execute, implement, and analyze performance of the organization and its resources.
- Develop the skills necessary to become an effective manager.
- Utilize statistical data analysis and management science as they support decision-making processes throughout an organization.
- Utilize economic tools and theory to attain the optimal business decisions.