This program certified by EABHES – lasting for 26 months in total – comprises three phases:
- The Professional Photography in two-year Program, from September to May (semester 1 and 2) then from September to May (semester 3 and 4).
- The Expert Modules, from the end of May to the end of July (cf. below).
- The planning and elaboration of the Master project, which needs to be submitted to a jury twice: an oral defense of the pre-project allows the students to validate their professional projects’ feasibility and coherence; the final jury’s comments assess the projects’ future implementation.
So as to obtain the credits necessary to validate the European Master, students need to have a Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS, in any subject, not necessarily photography) and need to pass a foreign language test at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
As for the language tests accepted: TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge exams for non-native English speakers; for English natives any official language diploma at B2 level in a European language that is not their mother tongue.
What are the Expert Modules?
The Expert Modules aim at deepening the participants’ previous knowledge and skills in those areas that are most demanded by the professional market. They cover the subjects of business management, image management and publication, advanced studio photography and photo reportage, combining theory and practice.
For 8 weeks in total, participants meet up with photography professionals from various domains, who share their experience and know-how from their respective fields of expertise.
Students can enroll immediately after completing the The Professional Photography in two-year Program, or return to Speos to complement their training in the following year(s). They can enroll for 1 or 2 modules, supervised by professionals within the field of photography.
In July, the students equally participate for several days at the Rencontres d’Arles — a major international photography event, during which they visit exhibitions, present their portfolios and start networking.
- Expert Module: The Photo Business
- Expert Module: Advanced Studio Photography
- Expert Module: Advanced Photo Reportage
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 8, 2015