Erasmus Mundus - EMship Advanced Design
The objective of the EMSHIP Erasmus Mundus Master is to provide a high education in Naval Architecture and Ship Design, through a 1.5 year - 90 Credits - Master Course accessible as Post Graduate studies, leading to a Double Master Degree from ULG-Liege, Belgium and ECN-Nantes, France) and a supplement diploma from Germany (Rostock), Italy (Genoa), Poland (Szczecin) or Romania (Galate).
EMSHIP corresponds directly to the needs of the European and Worldwide Marine Industry. The targeted candidates are:
- Candidates having already a master degree in another engineering field that would like to get a specialisation in Ship Design.
- Active engineering officers with 3-5 years seafaring work experience, that are looking for new knowledge to better fulfil their carrier objectives. There is indeed a large demand from ship-owners and port authorities to hire such officers, knowing what on-board service is, to manage and maintain their fleet.
- Candidates looking for complementary education in the Sailing Pleasure Crafts and Mega/Motor Yachts, but also in Safer and Cleaner Marine and Fluvial Transportation Mode.
- Engineers searching for advanced education in Hydrodynamics in Ship Design, Ship Production, CAD, Information Technology and Ship Structures.
EMSHIP gives the opportunity to candidates to demonstrate their talents and offer them the necessary skills to work in this challenging industry.
The mobility scheme includes 3 semesters in 3 different countries and cultures:
Semester 1 : Liege, Belgium
University of Liege (ANAST – ULG) - Ship Technology, Ship Structure, Ship Hydrodynamics and Ship Design
Semester 2 : Nantes, France
Ecole Centrale de Nantes (ECN) - Ship Hydrodynamic and Initiation to Research Activities
Semester 3: Four available locations are available.
The study programme includes advanced lectures, a Master thesis and an internship.
- Galati (UGAL, Romania) Manoeuvrability and Propulsion.
- Genoa (UNIGE, Italy) Sailing Yacht and Pleasure Motor Yacht.
- Rostock (URO, Germany) Ship Production, CAD, Information Technology.
- Szczecin (ZUT, Poland) Advanced Ship Structures.
In addition to six most prestigious universities in Europe, the “EMSHIP” consortium includes six equally important associated universities. Those universities have an advisory role and assist in the recruitment and assessment of candidates. In this process an Industrial Advisory Board is also involved.
- 4950€ for the cycle of 90 credits (for European candidates)
- 9450€ for the cycle of 90 credits (for Non European candidates)
At the end of the course, graduates are awarded with a double degree from ECN (France) and ULG-ANAST (Belgium), including a supplement diploma covering the Third semester in Galati, Rostock, Genova or Szczecin.
Last updated October 9, 2015