Electronic Communications and Computer Engineering MSc
This MSc provides advanced training in electronics, communications and computer engineering.
The course aims to provide you with a comprehensive coverage of the skills required by an engineer working in instrumentation, electronic systems, wireless and wired telecommunications, computer hardware, and software aspects of computer engineering.
The programme provides an excellent basis for engineers wishing to update their knowledge, students who wish to go on to do research, or for first degree students wishing to enhance their training.
This course is also taught at the University's Malaysia Campus.
Particular features of the programme include:
- teaching informed by active leading-edge researchers in the field
- innovative and engaging teaching methods
- one-to-one project tuition with expert members of staff
- access to many online resources and flexibility in course content
- the Faculty of Engineering conducts research that has been recognised by the Research Excellence Framework (2014) as being world-leading or internationally excellent, placing it in the UK’s top ten universities for engineering
- This course is currently going through the process for accreditation with the IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) to meet the further learning requirements of a Chartered Engineer.
This is a highly flexible course, which gives you the opportunity to choose modules according to your specific interests and requirements.
After completing the taught components of the course, you will undertake a major piece of advanced independent research over the summer under the supervision of a specialist in your chosen area. We will provide you with advice and guidance while you select and refine your area of study, and offer close supervision and support as you complete your research and your MSc.
This course operates on a modular basis and consists of a series of taught modules (worth 120 credits) - followed by a 60-credit research project undertaken during the summer period.
You will be taught using the latest advances in teaching methods and electronic resources, as well as small-group and individual tuition.
Tutors provide feedback on assignments. Our objective is to help you develop the confidence to work as a professional academic, at ease with the conventions of the discipline, and ready to tackle any area of research in electronic communications and computer engineering.
In the early stages of your project dissertation, your supervisor will read through and comment on your draft work. The project dissertation itself comprises a significant piece of your own research.
We also offer a Postgraduate Diploma Electronic Communications and Computer Engineering, which – unlike the MSc – does not have a dissertation requirement.
- HDL for Programmable Logic with/without project
- Engineering Ultrasonics with/without project
- Instrumentation and Measurement with/without project
- Optical Communications and Networks
- Applied Computational Engineering
- Mobile Communications with/without project
- Digital Signal Processing for Telecommunications, Multimedia and Instrumentation with/without project
- RF Microelectronics with/without project
- Optical Communications and networks
- Applied Computational Engineering
- Integrated Photonics: Design & Technology
- Digital Communications
- Electronic Design
- Solid State Devices
- Control Systems Design
- Microwave Communications
- Power Electronic Design
- Embedded Computing
- Bioelectronic and Biophotonic Interfacing
- Web Based Computing
- VLSI Design
- Telecommunication Electronics
- Photonics: Modelling, Analysis and Design
- Integrated Photonics: Design and Technology
- Biomedical Optics with/without Project
- Hardware Accelerated Computing
Our postgraduates generally progress to exciting roles in design and development with major international companies or government agencies, obtain consultancy posts with leading contract consultant companies or move into successful academic careers.
Entry requirements:A high 2:2 or equivalent
Including:Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Communication Engineering, but subject to the prior studying of suitable modules.
Excluding:All Arts, Social Sciences, Sciences & most other engineering subjects
IELTS:6.0 (no less than 5.5 in any element)
Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic:55 (minimum 51)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 27, 2016