The Double Master’s Programme in Health Economics gives first-class students the opportunity to benefit from the outstanding expertise of two top-ranking universities. Participants of the programme study at each university for one year and graduate with two Master’s degrees from the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, University of Cologne, and the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Maastricht University.
Health Economics is an interdisciplinary science that lies between economics and medicine. The Double Master’s Programme in Health Economics focuses on innovation in the healthcare sector and on current and future healthcare challenges.
The Double Master’s Programme prepares students for high-level management positions in the public and private healthcare sector. Students develop an interdisciplinary understanding of management and innovation in the healthcare sector, and of health economics more generally. On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to apply economic concepts to medical questions and actively address the challenges of today’s complex and rapidly changing healthcare sector.
With a German and Dutch Master’s degree, graduates will have excellent employment opportunities on the European and international job market.
- An excellent Bachelor’s degree with strong proficiency in Business Administration, Management studies or Health Economics (60 ECTS). Furthermore, a minimum of 15 ECTS in the field of medicine and a further 18 ECTS in the methods of health economics are required
- Bachelor final grade equivalent to at least 2.7 (German grading system)
- At least 60 ECTS credits in Health Economics and/or the field of Business Administration and Economics; at least 15 ECTS credits in Medicine and at least 18 ECTS credits the field of Methods in Health Economics
- English at level C1 (CEFR) or equivalent (TOEFL min. ibt 100; IELTS min. 7.0; Cambridge CAE (B) or CPE (C))
- Very good intercultural and social skills
- Relevant practical experience is desirable
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 17, 2015