The Double Master’s Programme in Business Administration gives first-class students the opportunity to pursue two master’s degrees from two top-ranking universities in only two years. Students spend their first year at the University of Cologne and their second year at one of the partner universities. This gives them a unique advantage as they can combine the best of two universities and enjoy the benefits of an international environment, allowing them to improve their intercultural understanding as well as their language skills.
The international master’s programme is part of the regular course offer at both universities and is based on the mutual recognition of credit points. Each programme has its own focus, depending on the partner university’s available specialisations.
The range of Double Master’s Programmes in Business Administration offered by the University of Cologne gives students the opportunity to choose the programme which best matches their career ambitions, either at:
- the Louvain School of Management in Belgium,
- the Aalto University School of Business in Finland,
- the Warsaw School of Economics in Poland or
- the Indian Institute of Management of Ahmedabad in India.
The application period for the Double Master’s Programme in Business Administration runs from early April to 15 May. Applications must be submitted online via the application portal. Once the application portal has opened, the link will be published on this website.
In addition, applicants that have not obtained their bachelor’s degree in Germany must apply via uni-assist online and by post until 1 May. When applying via uni-assist, please select the programme ‘MSc in Business Administration’ and the respective major ('Corporate Development', 'Finance', 'Marketing', 'Supply Chain Management' or 'Accounting and Taxation') at the University of Cologne.
- An excellent bachelor's degree or equivalent with strong proficiency in Business Administration and Economics (at least 78 ECTS in total, of this at least 48 ECTS in Business Administration and at least 18 ECTS in Economics). Furthermore, applicants need to have strong proficiency in Statistics and/or Mathematics
- Bachelor final grade equivalent to at least 2.7 (German grading system)
- English at level C1 (CEFR) or equivalent (TOEFL min. ibt 100; IELTS min. 7.0; Cambridge CAE (B) or CPE (C))
- GMAT test result with a minimum score of 550 points
- DMP application form
- CV in English
- Letter of motivation in English explaining the reasons for applying to the Double Master’s Programme and for the choice of the partner university (aprox. 500 words)
- A valid GMAT with a minimum score of 550
- Proof of sufficient language skills in English of at least C1 (TOEFL min. ibt 100; IELTS min. 7.0; Cambridge CAE or CPE (C). Applicants who have completed a bachelor’s degree taught in English do not need to submit further evidence of their English skills
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (or attestation of 80% of the required achievements have been attained including an overall average grade)
- Transcript of records
- Description of all relevant courses taken during the bachelor’s degree (e.g. extracts from the course catalogue)
- If applicable, transcript of studies abroad. In case any of the courses completed abroad have been credited towards the bachelor’s degree of the home university, this written document must contain an official record of the courses taken and the grades received. Please also attach a description of the modules taken abroad.
- University entrance qualification (e.g. A-level, "Abitur", school-leaving certificate)
- Certificates for all internships, education and employment listed in the CV which are to be considered in the assessment of the application
- For all volunteering and extracurricular activities listed in the application, please provide the name of a contact person (with email address and phone number) and a relevant website.
All documents must be provided in English or German. Documents in any other language must have an authorised translation into English or German attached. We may need to ask for further documentation at a later stage of the application process
- For applicants with a German bachelor's degree: 15 May 2017
- For applicants who have not obtained their bachelor’s degree in Germany: 1 May 2017
- Outstanding academic achievements
- GMAT score
- Relevant practical experience (e.g. internships)
- Extracurricular activities (both at university and elsewhere)
- Intercultural and social skills
The admissions board of the University of Cologne will assess all applications. Applicants that are shortlisted after assessment of the written application will be invited for a personal interview to the University of Cologne in June.
The admissions board will communicate its decision no later than the end of July. Enrolment takes place in late August or early September.
If your application for the Double Master’s Programme has not been successful, your application may still be considered for the regular MSc in Business Administration at the University of Cologne given that all entry requirements are fulfilled.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2016