Directors Education Program-- Better Directors, Better Boards, Better Business
This program is designed to help directors fill knowledge gaps they encounter in the boardroom and to practice what they learn. Participants include experienced and aspiring directors from a variety of backgrounds.
Benefits of Attending
Attending this seminar will help you:
- build the necessary competencies to be an effective director
- develop a set of tools for assessing and adapting to future challenges in the boardroom
- monitor and advise management with confidence
- understand current “best practices” in corporate governance
- enhance corporate performance
The program is delivered in four three-day modules.
- Guiding strategic direction and risks: fundamental board tasks and processes, legal duties, overseeing strategic decisions, boardroom decision-making, managing group dynamics
- Monitoring financial strategy, risks and disclosure: board responsibilities, organizing and running audit committees, improving director effectiveness in board meetings
- Guiding human performance: the board’s role in appointing, evaluating, compensating and renewing the executive team, structuring boards with an appropriate set of director skills and experiences
Enterprise risk management: mergers and acquisitions, technology investments, operations crises, financial irregularities, human capital failures, governance breakdowns