Master in International Management (English)
The International Management Master’s programme is a flagship programme of the Faculty of Business Administration;this programme is fully taught in English, its implementation is carried out within the framework of the CEMS MIM (Master's Degree in International Management) international Master's programme. As part of this discipline, there are one semester study stays carried out at a CEMS partner university abroad and internship abroad.
The International Management programme, with the embedded CEMS MIM programme, takes on the best management students who have an excellent academic track record and the potential to take on a senior international management role.
Successful completion of this Master´s programme enables graduates to have unique exposure to the business world while developing sound interpersonal and leadership skills, therefore greatly enhancing their prospects in the field of international business and related markets.
A programme is only as good as its participants. This means that it is crucial to select the right students to guarantee the programme’s success in the long run. It is of equal importance to admit only those applicants who offer the highest probability of successfully completing it. Therefore the selection jury is responsible for choosing students that:
- Have achieved very good academic results
- Have strong interpersonal competencies
- Are focused on the international business environment
- Are performance-oriented self-starters
The admission procedure consists of three rounds. An applicant is enrolled upon the successful completion of all of the three rounds of the entrance procedure as described below.
The first round
The applicants eligible for the first round of admission must in their posted application forms show:
1. to have passed the following subjects or equivalents of them during their Bachelor programmes:
- Management, Marketing, Accounting and Law (app. 3 ECTS each)
- Mathematics and Statistics ( app. 6 ECTS each)
- Economics (app. 8 ECTS)
All students who have a bachelor degree from any faculty of the University of Economics, Prague meet this requirement.
2. proof of English proficiency documented exclusively by:
- TOEFL ibT ≥ 100
- or IELTS 7.0
- or CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) B
- or BEC Higher A resp. B
- or Bachelor Degree in English
- only if issued in an English-speaking country or from a CEMS member school or from an EQUIS/AACSB accredited school
In the first round of the entrance procedure students are pre-selected on the basis of the following documents which they must submit together with the application form (print screen of Personal information page from isis e-application is sufficient):
- Structured CV (in English, max 2 A4)
- Motivation letter (in English, max 1 A4)
- English language certifications (see above)
- Second foreign language certifications (any available)
- Transcript of records
- Bachelor diploma (if already applicable)
- Conclusive evidence of work experience listed in the CV (a copy of the contract, reference letter, etc.)
- or other relevant supporting materials
The second round
60-80 students with the highest number of points received in the previous round are invited for the second round of the admission process. The ultimite criterion of this round is to assess the student´s ability to work as a manager in an international company. It is organised as Assessment Centres plus an interview with the academic director of the Master´s programme. Therefore personal participation is a must.
The third round
The principle criterium for the third round consists of the orderly finished Bachelor´s studies. Students who will not have finished their Bachelor studies cannot be accepted. Applicants are prompted to check for the enrollment dates and act accordingly.
Along with their application forms students will pay 50 EUR payable to the bank account as indicated in ISIS database system during applying.
The tuition fee per academic year amounts to 1800 EUR.
Tuition fees are always due by October, 9 in the corresponding academic year.
Students might be reimbursed up to 10 000 CZK (appx 400 EUR) in scholarship to cover their expenditures relating to books and travel abroad. Further students receive a stipend covering partially their semester abroad and, if eligible, a stipend covering their internship.
Students can also apply for a reimbursement up to 5 000 CZK (appx 200 EUR) as a contibution for covering costs of CEMS Regional Events (transportation, accomodation, registration fee).
The scholarship can be applied for any CEMS Regional Event which is held outside the Czech Republic and student host institution country (while studying abroad). This reimbursement can be handled exclusively after the event and students can apply once in a academic year.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 5, 2016