- Opportunity to study abroad
- Highly-motivated students
- Overseas career opportunities
- Worldwide reputation for excellence
What is CEMS Master in International Management?
The CEMS Master in International Management is a dual Masters degree. The CEMS community offers a Masters in International Management (MIM), while students also complete the Master of Science in International Management at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
CEMS MIM was ranked joint-second in the Financial Times' 2007 ranking of European Masters in Management programmes.
We aim to give future international managers the skills they need to succeed in global markets. The CEMS MIM programme encourages international mobility and helps you think about management and business from different cultural perspectives. We place a high importance on language and practical skills, which are essential to kick-start your professional career and adjust to an international management environment.
What will You learn?
You will get a comprehensive business and language education, and develop your interpersonal skills and international business acumen.
How will You benefit?
The CEMS Master in International Management gives you the opportunity to network and build valuable business contacts all over Europe as you study abroad and work in multi-national companies. You can also perfect your language skills and gain valuable personal and professional experience.
What is CEMS?
The Community of European Management Schools (CEMS) is an alliance of 17 leading European Business Schools and over 50 of the world's leading multinational companies. Members of CEMS form part of a highly professional, multicultural exchange of management ideas. As Ireland's leading business school, UCD Smurfit School represents Ireland in this community.
CEMS partner universities include: ESADE (Spain); the London School of Economics (UK); HEC School of Management (France); University of Cologne (Germany); and Università Bocconi (Italy).
CEMS corporate partners include: Reuters, Dresdner Bank AG, JP Morgan, Kerry Group, KPMG, L’Oreal, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, Shell and Siemens AG.
The CEMS Master in International Management is a one-year, full-time programme broken down into two semesters. You will be assessed through a combination of written examinations and continuous assessment.
Your first semester is based in UCD Smurfit School where you will complete the core modules of the programme and two option modules.
Your second semester is based at a CEMS partner university in Europe where you will take a minimum of one course and complete a business project.
The CEMS students must complete core and option modules. Students will also complete a business project, ten-week internship and dissertation as part of the programme.
Core Modules include:
- Research Methods
- International Business and Strategy
- CEMS Seminar
The Option modules cover more specialised, applied topics and may include:
- International Financial Management
- Project Management
- International Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Global Logistics
- Economic Foundations of Strategy
- Information Systems
- The European Union
- International Monetary Economics
The CEMS Master in International Management Programme is suitable for business graduates with excellent interpersonal and language skills and a strong desire to succeed in the international arena.
You must have one of the following:
- A minimum second-class honours (Grade 1) degree in business or related discipline
- An honours Higher Diploma in Business Studies
- You must be fluent in three languages, including your mother tongue, as stipulated by CEMS. One of your languages must be English.
- If English is not your native language, unless you have done your primary degree through English, an English language qualification is required (eg: IELTS/TOEFL).
- IELTS - an overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each section.
- TOEFL - a minimum of 100 on the internet-based test, or 250 on the computer based test; or 600 on the paper-based test.
- You must attend an interview.