Today, industrial and high-technological service companies are looking for international buyers, with technical skills, capable of supporting their business. A high-level buyer works globally and brings both productivity and innovation.
Our pioneer education program in technological purchases, entirely in English, created by CentraleSupélec with business partners, is a major success.
It has been ranked as one of the best programs in this domain in Europe.
- UNDERSTAND how to contribute to strategy and the development of the business
- TRAIN with the most advanced purchasing methods, in a technological context
- ACQUIRE robust international skills and work in English
- MASTER the financial and legal aspects of Purchasing
- DEVELOP effective behavior (‘soft skills’)
- Purchasing function and sourcing 12,5 h
- Understand the fundamentals of the procurement function.
- Negotiation 18 h
- How to prepare and succeed a negotiation
- Contract management and public purchasing 44 h
- Understand the legal framework for buyers, and learn how to work with lawyers.
- Total cost of ownership 14 h
- Analyze the full cost of options.
- Sustainable purchasing 20 h
- Define the Purchasing Strategy of a category in line with the overall company strategy.
- Marketing and business intelligence 22,5 h
- Understand the key drivers of a market and make strategic decisions.
- International trade 17,5 h
- Manage purchases across different countries.
- Double high level culture, technological and commercial.
- The most advanced handling of methods and purchasing tools.
- A 14 months sandwich course, part-time with a professional activity (permanent employment or internship).
- International training, 100% provided in English.
- Partners who encourage the enrollment of the best students.
- Program developed from the outset with IFPSM – International Federation of
- Purchasing and Supply Management.
- Teachers highly experienced, with international operational activities.
- International alumni network.
This school offers programs in:
- Graduates of Engineering schools or University (french bac + 5 or bac + 4 with experience)
- Professionals: buyers and purchasing managers who wish to master all aspects of their function. New to purchasing (but experienced in other functions), aiming for an international Purchasing Manager position, Project buyer, Category Manager,...
- Prerequisites / A minimum level of English is required: 600 points in the TOEFL PBT (Paper Based Toefl) or 900 at TOEIC
- Admission procedure / You have to apply on line http://apply.supelec.fr Candidates are selected on application file and interviews
- Duration / 12 to 14 months, a week of study per month, more project groups, and 6 months of training courses in parallel / 420 hours - 60 days
- Dates / Mid-September to mid-November
- Place / Châtenay-Malabry (near Paris) - France
Last updated August 10, 2016