MS Airport management
Taught in English.
The Specialized Master's diploma in Airport Management was created in 1989 by ENAC in response to demand from the professionals of this sector. Due to the particularly important role played by airports in the process of liberalisation of air transport, the opening of airport assistance, the diversity of occupational activity involved in operation, the increasingly prominent place taken by environmental and safety issues, the level of competition between airport platforms, general economic problems and problems specific to a business sector that is now a major part of the national economy, there is a need for highly skilled airport managers, with the competence required to manage and develop each airport. The Specialized Master's diploma in Airport Management is designed specifically to train these specialists, who are highly valued and much sought after by airports.
Generally, candidates for admission to a Specialized Master's degree programme (MS) must already hold a diploma at the level of [Bac + 5] or [Bac + 4 + 3 years of professional experience after Bac+4]. However, it is possible to apply with a Bac+4 level, despite having no professional experience, but the number of places for candidates in this (exceptional) category is very limited (maximum of 4).
For the Specialized Master's in Airport Management, the following are considered, among others:
- Diploma from an engineering or business school
- Degree (Master 2, DESS, DEA or non-French equivalents) in law, economics or business
Particular consideration will be given to candidates who have completed work placements with airports, airlines, travel agents or aircraft construction companies.
The training provided as part of the Specialized Master's in Airport Management can lead to all types of airport management positions:
• human resources.
1st part: Theory (October to March)
16 modules of 1 to 2 weeks each:
• the role of an airplane within the global transport system,
• international and European civil aviation law,
• air transport economics and management,
• air transport security,
• sustainable development,
• administrative and legal airport management,
• Master Plan and Airport Design,
2nd part: In-company internship (April to September)
A 6-month internship in a professional environment, either in France or abroad.
It is supervised by a tutor from the host organisation and by a scholarship tutor.
• passengers and cargo terminals management,
• team management,
• human resources management on airport,
• airport economical and fi nancial management,
• airport extra-aeronautical resources,
• quality in operations,
• communication and crisis management after air crash
• airport strategy and prospects.
The student is required to produce a thesis, which he/she defends before a combined jury.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 9, 2015